Everything you read should be taken with a grain of salt.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

School is For Suckers

Let me start off by saying I am not a bad student. I am just different... or at least now I am.

The school system is a completely fucked up and twisted institution, not to mention a compulsory one in most countries.

Is it if my fault I feel that school is a complete and utter waste of my time? Because I have more than enough evidence and events to back up why I feel this way.

This is what a normal day of school is for me.

I go to school at around 8 am. People who are late will have an hour of detention where they literally sit there and do nothing but stare blankly into the ceiling.

Class begins and the teacher, who in different cases, may or may not have a lesson plan.

Teachers who do have a lesson plan, usually teach by the book and have specific state guidelines, which does not allow for much flexibility and freedom to go beyond the material being taught.

Sometimes teachers who don't have a lesson plan at all will just pull something out of their ass and play a movie "related to the material." After all they do get paid regardless of what students are taught. I've had a teacher who just watched the Lost series for an entire month. And parents wonder why their students say they learn NOTHING.

I can't even tell if the material I am learning is fake or real. Sometimes teachers have never learned the material fully themselves, let alone have the ability to teach it.

We think of teachers as some sort of genius in their own profession, well that's college.
But in high school, teachers are a joke, classes are a joke, and school itself is a joke.

There's so much to say on why school is a terribly designed infrastructure, but for now I'll end it here by saying the 8 hours I spend learning in school could easily be learned if I had just 3-4 hours to my own learning the same material and quite possibly more.

No comments:

Post a Comment